CSA Awards 2013 Photos
CSA in Sandton on Monday organised CSA awards night, sought to hail international and domestic players who put in remarkable performances over the 2012-13 season. The period under consideration ended in June, so South Africa’s poor Champions Trophy campaign and series in Sri Lanka were excluded.
That was not all for Amla, as he picked up four awards on the night, including Sunfoil Test Cricketer of the Year, SA Fan’s Player of the Year and the KFC ‘So Good’ Award for his unbeaten 311 against England last year.
Haroon Lorgat, the CSA chief executive, gave full praise to the team and Amla for their performances over the year. “This has been another amazing year for our top players,” Lorgat said. “It is not easy to keep finding special words to speak about Hashim. He has set South Africa record Test scores against both England and Australia, and he is the first player to score a Test treble century for our country. As if that is not remarkable enough, he is also the No. 1 rated player on the ICC rankings for Test and ODI batsmen.
CSA Awards 2013 Pictures:
Source: Hashim Amla was the big winner on the night and took 4 awards home, including the Cricketer of the year,Test cricketer of the year, Fans’ player of the year and the KFC ‘So Good’ award for becoming the first SA player to hit a triple century.
- Hashim Amla and AB de Villiers dominates CSA awards
- Dwayne Bravo to mentor PNG cricketers
- Mitchell Starc and Jackson Bird to undergo treatment for back injuries
- Sachin Tendulkar: Don’t hound my son Arjun
- Robin Uthappa 103 against New Zealand in 1st ODI on Sep 8, 2013
- Cheteshwar Pujara slips to 7th spot in ICC Test batsman rankings
- Bhuvneshwar Kumar: Focus is on variations, not pace
- Indian Premier League is Vidya Balan of India cricket: Bishan Singh Bedi
- Younis Khan becomes 3rd Pakistan batsman to complete double ton
- Ravi Shastri: Sachin won’t quit the game soon, expects him to play at Lord’s in 2014
- CLT20: Tendulkar resumes training after undergoing hand surgery